Monday, December 5, 2022

Update

 


I saw this posted on one of the Facebook groups I'm in. There's some really talented people out there building cars and doing related metalworking. I'm still a duffer when it comes to metal shaping, but I'm getting better by fits and starts. 


This is what the dash above is in. Quite the rig, wouldn't you agree. Rolls Royce power plant, by the way.

Not much to report on the current project front but I've got a couple of interruptions to the flow scheduled. I've got some sort of electric motorcycle to assemble after I pick it up later in the week and then work on another trailer to haul it. I ordered some bits and pieces so Santa Claus can make a young girl happy on Christmas Day. I don't absolutely need the trailer finished by that time since I could deliver it in the back of the truck or on my new trailer, but I'd just as soon have it done and gone. Actually, happy to do it - repaying a favor.

I was planning on another 5K this coming Saturday but might take a couple of guys to Indy for some sparring instead. Waiting to hear the details. I'd rather do the 5K but the boxers are planning to compete in the Gloves this year and need some quality sparring. Two of the younger guys competed in the Silver Gloves over the weekend, both of whom got beat, unfortunately. Both of them are pretty green and they ran into tough opponents. The gym needs to get some more talent in and start building a decent squad of fighters again. The covid seems to have negatively affected things a bit. Now that I'm getting involved once again, hopefully having another coach on staff will help.

No comments: