Thursday, December 8, 2022

Referee, Sports Cars and Bonneville


Mills Lane passed away the other day at the age of 85. Back when I was a young man, lots of championship fights were televised on network TV and you could almost bet Mills Lane was going to be the third man in the ring. He was also a real judge, a TV judge and as shown in the photo, a boxer. RIP Mr. Lane

Since we got the "smart" television a while back, we've now got more options for our viewing pleasure. While the wife was scrolling through the available shows, she came across The Boys of Bonneville, the story of Ab Jenkins and the Mormon Meteor - pretty good documentary. Not the thing I should have watched, it's got me thinking again about setting the jitney up for the salt. When we, meaning me, finished watching The Boys of Bonneville, we found a show on the history of Maserati, my second choice of a classic sports car after a Jag XKE. Two really good shows back-to-back with no commercial interruptions. Even better than Perry Mason reruns.

I'm picking up the motorcycle this morning I need to assemble. The parts for the trailer to haul it on have been shipped, so that's the line-up for the next few days. Might do a 5K Saturday depending on the weather and the condition of the wife's niece, who is in the hospital currently. As my old saddle pal, Kevin, used to say: "If it ain't one thing, it's your mother."
 

1 comment:

MARSHALL OVERCLOTH said...

that's perfect- "if ain't one thing, it's yer mother." lol.