Monday, December 19, 2022

Delivery Done

 I delivered the E-Bike and trailer yesterday. No problems, but it was about a 90-minute drive one way. After visiting awhile and stopping to do some grocery shopping, pretty much shot the day in the ass.

They're forecasting cold temperatures this week - it was only about 20 degrees when I was loading up the trailer yesterday morning. It's also looking like a serious snow, maybe even blizzard conditions at the end of the week. Might be Christmas at home, just like Thanksgiving this year - and the last couple of years as well. We're pretty fortunate, however. Every day is like a holiday around here, when it comes right down to it.

I'm planning on cutting up some stock for a side table today for here at the shack. I want to get this job knocked out and then I can move the jitney over to the center of the floor so I can work on the rear axle. I've got other work I can do on the car, but I want to get wheels under it to not only get the suspension figured out as far as ride height, get the fuel cell located and start thinking about the sheet metal back there. The header should be getting shipped back this week. I was told it would be done on the 21st, so should be here for Christmas, if I'm lucky. If not the following week will be fine. If I get the rear wheels located, I can give some thought to the exhaust pipe as well. 

Lots to do on the car and bike projects. It's also time to start spending some time down the basement in my little workshop. I've got a couple of winter-time projects to keep myself amused and out of the recliner during the cold winter months - got to keep my Expert Level Putterer rating. 

No comments: