Friday, February 17, 2023

Bike Jersey


I took the Missus for her after surgery eye check yesterday. Everything checked out hunky-dory. Checked the mailbox on the way home and my new bike jersey had arrived from New Zealand. Since I've lost some weight, I wasn't sure if I should get an extra-large or a large. Good thing I ordered the XL. It's a snug fit as a bike jersey should be, but I'll look like smart money if I lose another five pounds and do some exercises to tighten up my belly. The color rendition in the photo isn't the best due to the lighting in the bedroom. The BSA logos and the one stripe around the neck are actually yellow. Time to start working out on the trainer.

I did just a wee bit on the manifold yesterday. I went out to the shop mainly to get an idea as to what my setup on the mill should be to get the carb surface faced off. I did grind the braze welds a bit and removed some of the rough stuff on the casting along the parting line. Still not sure what the best approach is for clamping the manifold to the mill table, but I'll get it sorted. Maybe not today, it's supposed to be cold again.

 

3 comments:

MARSHALL OVERCLOTH said...

now I got that wet willie keep on smiling song stuck in my head, from a couple posts down.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Just do like the song says and keep on smilin'.

MARSHALL OVERCLOTH said...

thanks, I tried that smilin' and it helped.