Saturday, February 25, 2023

Firewood

 


Took some scrap metal over to Cuzzin Ricky, did breakfast and then loaded up some firewood he had left from a tree trimming job. I dug out my little electric chainsaw to cut it into bite size pieces for the new fireplace insert. When I went to check the level of the bar oil I found out I couldn't compress the button on the oiler. Apparently, the rubber or whatever it's made of had hardened with age. I dribbled some oil on the chain and then later the clutch locked up. I went uptown and priced a new Stihl gas powered. Since I'm planning on using the new insert much more than I did the old fireplace, looks like I'll be investing in a new gas-powered saw. 


Maybe a bad day for the chainsaw, but it was a good day for eggs. Yesterday was the first time since last fall the girls spit out four eggs in a day. Regardless what the groundhog and his shadow decide, this tells me the days are getting warmer and longer. Spring will be here soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey “Bob”, I’ve had a number of different chain saws in my life, and I personally would never buy another Stihl. For about the same money, you can buy an Echo and get a better machine and a better warranty. You will probably not work a saw as hard as I have over the years, but the Echo’s I have at the moment are far superior to any other brand I’ve owned or used. TVI

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Thanks for the heads up. I checked out Echo saws online and prices might even be a bit better for what I'm looking for and there's a couple of dealers near by.