Friday, February 3, 2023

Spacers


I worked in the shop yesterday making the spacers for the carb adaptor. Don't know how I missed it but the carb mounting surface is cut at a taper compared to the bottom. I knew I was going to have to taper something but this changes my approach a bit. I studied things a bit before making the spacers and I think I've got the details worked out but it'll be a few days before I get back out there. 

It's supposed to be cold today - temps back down into the teens. Tomorrow it's supposed to warm back up again to around the freezing mark like it was yesterday but I've got boxing stuff on tap. Same kind of temp on Sunday but I might have some more boxing stuff, depending on what my partner decides. Next week they're calling for the forties, so I'll be back at it.

I've been feeding wood into the new fireplace insert. It puts out a lot of heat but it blows towards the thermostat, keeping the furnace from kicking on. While that's good for the fuel savings, it's not so good for keeping the back of the house warm. The only real cold place is the bedroom. We've got new windows ordered for that room which should help. The insert has a draft control lever that I've about mastered. Open it wide open to light the fire, then throttle it back to keep a nice gentle burn going without wasting wood. Nice and comfortable camping out in the recliner on these cold winter nights.

No comments: