Saturday, February 11, 2023

Rake Repair


Good day yesterday - nothing much exciting, but I kept moving most of the day. I headed north in the morning, stopped in at the college for a visit, went to Menards for some supplies, hit Aldi for grub and headed back home. After lunch I went to work on cleaning up the spot for my kitchen garden, raking all the dead stuff up and resetting the row of bricks making up the border. In the process, I managed to pull the rake apart, so after sticking it back together, I took it out to the shop for a proper repair. I don't know how old the rake is, but it might be the first one I bought years ago. That would make it at least 45 years old. Definitely got my money's worth there. If I had pulled it apart before I went to Menards, I might have been tempted to buy a new one. 

While at the college, I heard that the First Lady will be making an appearance there next week. That should be interesting. I know she's an educator, but I wonder how a midwestern community college was selected for a visit. It seems also security would be tough to accomplish. I'll have to check back with my former colleagues after the visit and see how things went.

Cuzzin Ricky and I have a special tour lined up for tomorrow. Look for a report on Monday.

Have a good weekend everyone. 

 

No comments: