Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Birthday

 My "social media" decided I would appreciate this:



Godspeed Jo Raquel Tejada, known forever as Raquel Welch, the ‘60s and ‘70s hottie of all hotties. One of her many modeling roles as a teen was as a trophy girl at the circle tracks. The Hot Rod magazine archive pic could reasonably be presumed to be from Ascot, but is more likely Balboa Stadium in San Diego where she lived. Balboa Stadium is now for football, but then had a quarter mile dirt oval.


And they were right.

In addition to it being President's Day yesterday, it was also my Pop's birthday. The old boy would have been a buck-o-three. He checked out at 74 after a couple of open-heart surgeries. One of the reasons I keep exercising and watch my diet. I've out lived Elvis by about 30 years, maybe I can out live the old man by 15 - 20.

Did a little D&C in the shop yesterday. I have a bad habit of just leaving the tools out at the end of the day, especially when my feet get cold. It was warm yesterday, so I did a little outside stuff and then took care of a little maintenance and cleaning in the shop. Still more to do, but it's looking more inviting.

No comments: