Sunday, February 19, 2023

More Manifold


I did a little more on the jitney manifold again yesterday. I spent some time more time cleaning the welds up and then drilled holes in a piece of angle that will allow me to clamp it down on the milling table at the proper angle to take a skin cut across the adaptor mounting surface. The angle isn't strong enough to support all the weight hanging off the two studs, so I'll need to put something under the bottom of the two middle runners when I clamp it to the table. 

I'm going to counterbore the mounting holes for the adaptor plate while the vise is clamped to the table, then clamp the manifold down, dress the adaptor mounting surface, bolt the adaptor plate on, drill and tap the carb mounting holes, and then bore the holes for the venturis. Still a bit of work to be done, but I'm closing in on it.

More time at the gym again today - I'm hoping all this time invested is going to pay off when they get in the ring. My old buddy Kevin has expressed some interest in the 50 mile Challenge. Might be partnering up with him again like the old days. Roosevelt's 50 mile was to be completed in the course of 3 days, 20 hours total. JFK's was 50 miles in 20 hours. I did a marathon years ago in a little under 5 hours. That's half the distance of the 50 miles in a 1/4 of the time. Should be able to do the 50 miles in under 20 as long as I train. And if I can do it, so can Kevin.

No comments: