Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Wash Day

 

Monday's wash day around the shack, along with a few other domestic chores. I did get out in the shop later in the day.


I finished the spacers for the other two corners of the carb adaptor plate. I measured the angle difference between the top mounting surface and the lower part of the manifold accurately using my cheap digital level. Made the job pretty easy - read the bottom, zeroed out the level, read the top angle. Put the pieces on the mill, cut the angle, and then trimmed the threaded end until they slipped into place. I think I'll use the TIG with the silicon bronze rod to tack them in place and then torch braze them. There's a gap along the long edge on the back side on both of them - nice place to put in a decent fillet weld. Should look good and be hell for strong. While I'm brazing, I'll fill in the original mounting holes at the same time. I'll get the manifold on the mill later on and take a skin cut across the top surface to make sure I have a nice flat surface under the adaptor plate. 

I still need to counterbore the bolt holes. After that I can get it leveled up on the mill and drill the carb mounting holes square with the adaptor plate and the bores for the venturis at a 20-degree angle.


No comments: