Thursday, February 23, 2023

A Hard Rain's A Gonna Fall


We got a bunch of rain yesterday. I'm not sure when it started but it was raining at 3:30 in the morning and was still raining at 6:00 in the evening. Fortunately, it was just warm enough that things didn't ice up or that it turned to snow. I took the Missus for her second cataract surgery and we had to leave the house at 5:30 - meaning it was dark and rainy. There was actually quite a bit of traffic on the roads. I felt sorry for all those working stiffs that have to make that commute all the time, rain or shine. I sure as hell don't miss that.

Anyway, the cataract surgery went well. I'm hoping the fact that she can see better will get her out of the house a little more often. Check up today with the eye surgeon and then the local eye doctor in a couple of weeks to get a final check-up. They're calling for cold temperatures tomorrow, but I think I'll see about getting the manifold clamped down on the mill and getting it decked off.

 

No comments: