Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Nuttin' But Music


One of my favorite jazz/blues tunes. This one is a little different than many of the versions, but I like the piano work a lot.


I've got this CD and it's a dandy. This cut has Madeleine Peyroux on the vocals which is reason enough to listen to it.


Jack Teagarden's version of Stars Fell on Alabama. Easy listening, for sure.



A couple from Leon Redbone. I saw him live a couple of times. Glad I did. The last number is one my Pop and my uncles use to play at the family reunions many years ago. Pop use to play it pretty regular at the house as well. I should probably play it myself every day for the rest of my life.

Blue skies up above
Everyone's in love
Up the lazy river
How happy we will be
Up the lazy river with me


This one too. Or maybe go with Wet Willie:


Regardless of your choice, just keep on smilin'.

No comments: