Saturday, February 6, 2021

Improved Photo

 


The rear frame rails clamped in place. I need to finish wrapping the ends but that will have to wait. I went out to the shop to take this photo and it was about 16 degrees with a pretty brisk wind blowing outside. The wind chill was probably zero or below and even though the shop felt much warmer by comparison, I snapped the photo and headed back to the shack. They were forecasting a high of 18, which will be the warmest for the next six days or so. It doesn't look like I'll be working out there until it warms up, especially with night time temps in the negative numbers. 

While I doubt seriously I'll be bored during my quarantine within a quarantine, I'm going to start on my taxes and try to pick up where I left off on a project on the basement workbench. I would like to finish welding the frame rails and finish using the argon bottle up so I can get it refilled. I'd like to be ready to  go when it warms up. 

I'll spend a little of the down time shopping the parts catalogs. I need an alternator for sure, maybe an electronic distributor and a seat. I could make a bomber style but I could probably buy something cheaper than I could make one and have it upholstered. I was originally thinking of mounting a headrest off the roll cage but I'm leaning now towards a high backed seat. While I started building this rig from a set of plans, I want to make this thing uniquely my own - circle track/ hot rod/Bonneville mix. 

Stay warm folks. Dangerous cold out there.  

No comments: