Monday, February 8, 2021

Take a Seat

 


Jegs house brand aluminum seat $124.00, with the cover $185.00. A 36" x 48" sheet of aluminum of the same thickness is $130.00. I get 15% off this month but I would still have to add in shipping costs and see about getting it upholstered. Buying rather than making seems to be the better idea even if it does go against the grain a bit. If I buy this one it ships free but wouldn't ship until April 1. Speedway Motors has a good selection of seats as well but I'm leaning towards this one right now. It's 35.5" tall x 17.5" wide which would fit me well and offer good comfort and protection. And I like the idea of having a cover that snaps on and off. I won't be ready for it until I get a tranny so I know where the floor will be, so waiting a while for delivery won't be a problem. 

Cold day yesterday - high in single digits. Negative numbers Saturday night and last night. Maybe some snow showers today but the latest forecast isn't quite as brutal so I'll see about going to the welding supply and running a couple errands later in the week. Need to keep pushing forward. 

No comments: