Friday, February 26, 2021

Music?

 

I think I have the solution to hooking up the computer out in the shop. The Powerline 1200 is supposed to do it. According to the instructions and what the salesman told me, you plug one of the units into a wall outlet and then run the ethernet cable to the wi-fi gizmo. Plug in the second unit to a wall outlet where ever you want to hook up your computer or smart TV, connect with the ethernet cable and you're in business. 

I haven't tried it yet due to the plug configuration on the power strip that runs my main computer, printer, etc. It has a right angle plug and I'm not able to plug in the new sending unit and the power strip unless the power strip cord has a straight plug as you can see from the photo. So I need another power strip or a short extension cord with a straight plug that I can plug the power strip into.

I also need to clean off a spot or hang a shelf off the wall to accommodate the laptop near an outlet. I've got a pair of speakers that I plugged my mp3 player into that I can use but I need to make provisions for that set-up as well. Nothing too difficult here but everything needs to be protected from flying sparks and all that. Maybe make a framework above the computer and amplifier that I can hang a tarp from like a miniature shower curtain or make a wooden cabinet I can hang on the outside of my welding booth where things will be protected and hang the speakers on the inside of the doors. Open the doors, turn on the power and I'll be set. Close the doors and the electronics will be safe and relatively spark and dust free. 

I think I'll get an extension cord for the computer power strip in the house, plug both units in and see if it works as planned before I get carried away making things, however. It'll be sweet if it works. Music of all types, no commercials, how-to videos if need be. Just what the doctor ordered.  

No comments: