Thursday, February 11, 2021

I've Got Gas

 


BSA boiled down to the essentials. Give it a kick, open the throttle, turn left. Other than the wire wheels and the rigid frame that's about what I envision the SR500 to look like. 

I was able to get my argon tank swapped out yesterday. And I was able to get it close to home. And at about half the cost from the previous source - win-win all the way around. It's supposed to be cold again today but not as cold as the next few days, so I'm planning on repairing the aluminum frame today and then work on a little something on the jitney as long as I'll have the heat on. Maybe lay out the grill opening and come up with a design of the grill.  

We're supposed to get some more snow today and tomorrow. This has turned into an honest to God winter. I need to take the battery out of the tractor and see about getting a new one. Fortunately the old girl worked when the big storm came through but if it's going to continue snowing, I'm going to need more than the snow blower. 

4 comments:

Surly said...

I think I have an owner's manual for that bike.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

That'd be good. I've got a couple of projects in line ahead of it - as you well know - but I want to get an idea of what I'll need to put it together when the time comes and start getting any parts I might need.

Surly said...

I meant the BSA in the picture. But of course I'll help however I can.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Roger that.