Sunday, October 24, 2021

Gauges

 


Fit all the gauges and switches in the mock-up dash. Things look good - the crappy photo from the flip phone doesn't do it justice. The carb on my motor was set up with a manual choke when I got it, so that's what I'm going with. The gauges are backlit, so I need a switch for them and any other lights I might add. I'll get a switch and the choke cable so I know what size holes I need to bore. I might need to counterbore the backside of the walnut dash to accommodate the short stem on the switches. I also need to come up with a way to cover the backside of the tach and fasten it securely to the dash. It's designed for mounting on the steering column or externally on the dash rather than being sunk into the dash. 

I took a look at mounting the seat and figuring out the placement of the fuel cell and the battery. I haven't had to re-do too many things yet but there's some head scratching still to come. That's OK though. I knew the job was dangerous when I took it. 

No comments: