Saturday, October 30, 2021

'Nother Bung

 


Finished machining the bungs for the rear radius rods. Like always, the second one went quicker than the first, even with checking my phone a dozen times. Thursday I must have gotten about 10 phone calls that were from numbers not in my directory. Yesterday that number was more like 20. When the shooting starts, after they clean up Washington, they need to move on to the telemarketers. I went north yesterday and the phone rang four times on my way up. It's against the law to talk on a cell phone while your vehicle is in motion on the highway. I'll be really pissed if I take my phone out of my pocket to check to see who's calling and get a ticket. I normally get maybe 3-4 calls per week, if that. If this keeps up I'll have to figure out how to get them to stop or just turn my phone off and tell the few people who I actually wish to talk to to call at a specific time and I'll turn the phone back on then. 

One of the calls was a text from Fed-Ex about a delivery - be nice if my tires showed up a month ahead of schedule. I'm not holding my breath, however.

It's been chilly and rainy the last couple of days so I got the shop ready for heating. Supposed to have some days at the beginning of next week with the high temps in the forties. Might need to fire it up. I've already broke out the long johns. I'm too old to work in the cold.

No comments: