Saturday, October 9, 2021

STB Does A Selfie!



Instead of wearing the top layer of tee shirts in the drawer, I decided to dig deeper and get a few others into the rotation. When I ran the marathon I actually got two shirts - one when I picked up my race packet and one they handed to me when I crossed the finish line. Pretty proud of running and finishing a race of 26.2 miles, especially one that had a couple of serious hills. The 15 years that have passed seems like a lifetime ago now. While my running days are long gone, I'm doing 50 miles on the bicycle today.



The odometer reading just shy of another 100 miles of training. I would have made it if it wasn't for the rain on a couple of the recent mornings. The ride today is mostly flat ground so it should be easier than the 41 miler I did about a month ago. My running buddy bought herself a new bicycle, so she should have an easier time of it today.


Had a nice day of knocking around yesterday - bicycle ride, chiropractor, gas station, grocery store, Dollar Store and the library. Got my bicycle checked out and loaded up and made the bracket for the steering wheel spinner. It's made from 1/8" stainless and shining like a diamond in a pig's ass. I still need to make the piece that goes on the bottom of the spoke but nothing to that.

The parts for hooking up the steering were supposed to show up yesterday according to the tracking number but that didn't happen. Maybe they'll be here when I get done with my ride. I don't plan on doing anything else today but it would be a good afternoon for staring at the parts and the car since I don't have all the details worked out yet. 

No comments: