Monday, October 11, 2021

Taking It Easy

The three of us who did the bike ride on Saturday did our walkies yesterday - 3 miles. All of us were a little stiff in the morning but none of us were really sore. We discussed a few options now that the biking season is pretty well over to keep getting out and exercising. Along with our Sunday walks we're thinking about doing some hiking. We need to look into some places that are within a couple hours drive, where we can hike for six or seven hours and then head back home. I totaled up my biking mileage for the season and I'm at 913. I'm going to try to work in the remaining miles to get to an even 1000 yet this year. Maybe get the back pack out and put a little ballast in it for my walkies if I'm going to do some hiking.

I didn't do much else besides the walkies yesterday. I did make the lower strap for the steering wheel spinner and I opened up the box of parts to hook up the steering. I gave them a quick stare to get the wheels turning a bit. 

I'm going to a memorial service today for my former neighbor. Lovely woman - made it to 97 I believe. She was living in Kentucky but is being buried up here next to her husband and my mother. I've been taking care of the husband's grave for years since he's neighbors with my mom and the rest of  their family and mine are spread all over the country. I'm sure they'll want me to keep doing the Christmas decoration, so we'll get that hashed out today.

I'll see what strikes my fancy on the project front in the next couple of days. Because there's so much to be done, doesn't really matter what I work on. Just need to keep pecking away at it.

No comments: