Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Valve Job +

 


I went to the memorial service for my old neighbor yesterday. I went by the old neighborhood and farm house I lived in growing up on the way to the cemetery. Lots of good memories there. The neighbors had three children, two girls and a boy. I was just a bit older than the oldest girl and our families were pretty tight. I've seen the youngest of the clan every couple of years but haven't seen the other two children in about thirty years. Really good to get a chance to see them and a few others from the old neighborhood. The minister did a fine job with the service also - RIP Eloise.

I received the above photo in a text from my buddy whose working on my motor for the vintage trials bike. Looks like the cylinder head is about done. I've got a couple of things to do but it looks like I should get busy on finishing up the frame.

I found another bike ride yet this year - a 62 miler in November. It's being put on by the Indiana Randonneurs. You have to be a member of the National group to ride due to insurance regulations. I was a member of the group years ago but never did any of the rides. The rides are typically progressive from 100km to 600 km by 100km increments. There's also 1200km events every couple of years. I can't see me riding anything more than the 100km (62 mile) rides so joining again might be mostly a donation to the cause but I'm going to look into the November ride a little deeper. 

No comments: