Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Sportin' Wood

 

The walnut my brother sent me for the jitney dash arrived yesterday morning. Really good looking pieces of wood. Should look great with the white gauges, especially after a couple of coats of varnish. Maybe use a couple of the drops to make scales for a knife. I've made a few over the years but they never turned out quite as good as I would have liked. Probably shouldn't even think about making something else right now - there's plenty on the plate already. Big thanks to my brother.

I received a text  from UPS as to the day the package would be delivered, nothing new there. However, I received another one yesterday morning that allowed me to follow the drivers route and it gave me a relatively small window as to when the package would be here. Much nicer than the generic e-mail the shippers usually send out stating that it will be there sometime before 7:00 pm.


I got the bracket for the jitney motor sandblasted and painted, finished cleaning up the chopper motorbike and got it loaded in the back of the truck for delivery today. Did a bit more work in the back of the shop so I've got more room to work around the bead roller and the "baby Hossfeld".

I talked to my running buddy and the trip to see Bazooka Joe is officially cancelled out. I don't know how many fights Joe signed to fight with this promoter but I'm hoping to get out there and see one of his fights at least. My buddy tells me there's an amateur fight in Terre Haute coming up. Might be a couple guys from the gym here on the card. If so, I'll probably go down for that one. Wrap some hands, get some pie - always a good day. Especially since I've been mostly home bound for what is fast approaching two years.

Another day of piddlin' around on the schedule. Nothing specific lined up but I'll get out to the shop and tackle something. 

No comments: