Saturday, January 29, 2022

Boat Letter & Repair

 


The Missus showed me a post on social media recently from the outfit that put on the steam launch ride I went on last summer. Seems they were looking for scholars to write letters about the event to include in an award proposal. I volunteered and had to send a copy of my resume or CV. And because I'm a scholar, I actually knew that CV stood for curriculum vitae and not constant velocity, as in carbs and u-joints. 

Fortunately, I've kept a copy of my resume, even though I doubted I would ever need it again other than in preparing my obit, that is. After sending in my bona-fides I got the approval, so I spent the biggest part of yesterday writing the letter. I'm hoping it does the job for them. Of course after reading my resume, the lady in charge asked about me doing a repair job on a small-scale boat similar to the one in the photo. It's a curse, I tell you.  

No comments: