Monday, January 24, 2022

Motorsickle & Movie Stuff

 I watched Electra Glide in Blue the other night, the film starring Robert Blake made back in '73. A much different spin on biker movies that were popular in the late sixties, early seventies. Not necessarily a cinematic masterpiece, but worth watching once every 25 years or so. Since it was on TCM, I was able to watch the credits all the way to the end - mostly to see who did the music and songs in the film - but I saw some interesting names pop up that I recognized as a long-time fan of movies and motorcycles.  

J.N Roberts: 


Bill Hickman


Three heavy hitters in the movie stuntman biz as well as being real deal racers. Hickman is probably best known for his role driving the Charger in Bullit, but he rode bikes as well.

--------------------------------------------------------

I found an interesting motorcycle site by way of Pergolator the other day, which posts some interesting stuff as well. Lots of stuff about hundreds of different marques.

---------------------------------------------------------

I made a couple of pieces to go on top of the shock mounts Saturday but I didn't like the way they turned out, so I need to remake them. I decided to rivet them on and the proportions were wrong for the size of the rivets I have. I need to either increase the size of the parts or use smaller rivets. Nothing serious and only about an hour wasted.

I've decided that since my birthday is Labor Day Weekend, that would be a great time to take the maiden voyage of the jitney - maybe not have the paint job completed but have everything put together to the point I can test drive it and then take it apart and finish things off after making sure it all works as planned. As long as there aren't too many hold-ups due to parts availability, that should be a reasonable goal. 224 days. Let the countdown begin!

No comments: