Thursday, January 6, 2022

"Insurrection" Anniversary

One year anniversary of the "insurrection" in Washington today. Since for the most part the majority crime committed was trespassing, I'm thinking those in charge should be remembering the Lord's Prayer.

Give us this day our daily bread,

And forgive us our trespasses,

As we forgive those who trespass against us

Or maybe just a refresher on the definition of Karma. It'll come back around one of these days. Same thing for those in charge of the "Science".

---------------------------------


Made some progress on the cab sheets. I've got the rod for one half bent. Not too tough to follow the rolled in bead. Mostly it's a matter of patience and bends that are spaced close together so you get a smooth radius. The rod being 6' wasn't long enough to go all the way around so I cut it at the halfway point. The stub sticking out is for the filler piece. If you enlarge the photo, you can see where I hammered the sheet over the rod up to the first bend. It goes fairly quickly. Again, have the patience to work it down evenly in stages, then finish it up with the planishing hammer while leap-frogging the clamps. It's looking just like I had envisioned it. When everything is riveted together I'll put a few tack welds on the rod when I splice the two halves together.

Super-dooper cold now - temps in the teens with strong winds. My bender is in the back half of the shop that isn't heated. That's going to slow progress for a few days. The second vendor on eBay contacted me and they don't have the headlights either, I'm going to pick up material today to finish the shock mounts. It's supposed to warm this weekend. Hope to get those and the cab sheet metal wrapped up then.

No comments: