Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Tires & Sheet Metal

 


I got the jitney tires mounted on Monday. The tire shop had tubes in stock so they're mounted and balanced and ready to go. I was talking to the counterman and he said they have plenty of work but they're short on tires. They're also short on Rotella oil for one reason or another. He told me he had heard that a lot of the CEOs from big outfits are getting big bonuses for trimming the companies' carbon footprint. What's the easiest way to do that? Cut production. I don't know how much truth there is to that, but nothing would surprise me anymore.


Egg production's on the rise here, however. I got the first egg in about two months Monday and another yesterday. Doesn't make up for the food cost but I can't see me living here without having chickens.


It was a nice day yesterday - 40 degrees and sunny. Did some grocery shopping, ran to the hardware store and ran the truck through the car wash. Came home and worked a bit in the shop. I worked on planishing the seam on the dash hood. It still could use a wee bit more but I'll wait until I roll the bead on the dash side on the joggle on the firewall side. That'll stiffen up the sheets and maybe wrinkle them a bit. It won't take much to finish them up, regardless. I want to metal-finish all the sheet metal - no filler.

We've got more cold on the way, but I want to get the pieces for the shock mounts cut out and ground down. Maybe get that taken care of today. I picked up the chain and hooks I needed to hang the grow lights down stairs. I've got a couple of tomatoes that have sprouted already. The plan is to get a couple of tomatoes and peppers growing in big pots that I can take outside and then start a couple of more about June or July so I've got fresh produce year round.

No comments: