Friday, January 21, 2022

Shock Towers +

 


I welded, ground and filed the shock towers. I'm going to make a piece for the top of them where the headlights will mount. I was just getting ready to cut them out when the Missus summoned me to the house. A guy I used to work with way back when had called to let me know of the passing of one of our fellow vocational teachers. 

Ray the "Polish Prince" passed away in his sleep yesterday at the ripe old age of 92. Ray was the machine shop instructor when I first started teaching and was later the second in command at the career center where I was transferred to. Cracker Jack machinist, teacher and all around great human being. I owe him an awful lot. I used to go into his shop on my prep hour and take lessons on machining. Every once in a while I'd get in over my head a bit on one of my projects and he'd come to the rescue. Rest in peace, Ray. Like the rest of your students, we all owe you a big debt of gratitude.

No comments: