Saturday, January 1, 2022

Unchain My Heart

 


"Cause you don't care a bag of beans for me"

Namesake of our dog - sort of. The dog's name is Larry, but since he's half cocker spaniel, his full name is Larry Joe Cocker. The other half is French poodle, but we don't hold that against him.

I ordered headlights from eBay and later received a message that they only had one with the amber lens. They proposed sending me one amber, one clear, but since they're going on a car, two that match would be nice. I'm getting a refund on those and I found another vendor that had a pair of the amber ones, so those have been ordered. They should be here in 2-3 weeks.

My rear tires haven't shown up and I haven't received any notification one way or the other. The quick change rear end is still unavailable from Speedway, so don't know when I'll be able to order that. Since I've got plenty left to do, I'll just play it by ear. The more I think about it, the more I want one of those, however, I might change my mind if it prevents me from finishing the car up in a timely fashion. 

Made it to the barber shop Thursday - first time in almost two years. There's a new barber shop with a boxing theme - Uppercuts. Bazooka Joe has a pair of his trunks hanging in there and there are a couple of murals - one with Ali, one with Tyson. I got a haircut and a beard trim. The young lady did a nice job. Even though the Missus has been keeping me trimmed up, she was glad to turn the job over to someone else - she even offered to pay. 

The big thing about all of this is getting back out again. I went out for breakfast with Cuzzin Ricky and TVI prior to the barbershop. I used my covid-killer nasal spray before going out and my hand sanitizer after getting back in the truck after each stop. I'm going to continue avoiding crowds but it might be time to start easing back out among the unwashed.

Like a lot of folks at this time of year, been thinking about the diet and exercise plan - mostly diet. I just finished the book Longevity Paradox and I'm currently reading The Plant Based Athlete. Lots of commonalities between the authors as well as what I've read by others on heart health and diabetes. I've got a pretty good handle on what I should be doing, Now it's just a matter of doing it. Stay away from the sugar, chips, seed oils and late night snacks. 

I've been working on some strength training - not a lot but enough to prevent any more muscle loss. I'm thinking about loading up my pack with about 20 pounds and start hiking around the cornfield a couple of days per week after the ground freezes and getting on the bike trainer a couple of days. I'd really like to get back into the boxing gym but I don't think it's safe enough yet to do that.

Looks like there's plenty of storm clouds on the horizon. Time to get in shape so I can meet the storm head on. Best of luck to all of you in 2022.

No comments: