Thursday, January 13, 2022

Riveting!

 


The Last Waltz was on the telly the other night - been a long time since I'd seen it. I was always a big fan of The Band and The Last Waltz featured them, of course, and a lot of the greatest musicians of the time. 


Levon Helm played the drums and the mandolin with The Band. He also did the vocals on many of the numbers. He also cut the CD in the photo along with some other heavy hitters. My kind of music.


I worked on the cab sheets yesterday. I got the filler pieces riveted to the cab sides, tacked the round bars to the sheets and drilled the holes in the sheets so I can rivet the two halves together. It looks like there's a dent in the sheet but it's a shadow line from where I ran the Scotch-Brite pad across it.

I'll anneal the dash hood and get the layout line on it to roll the bead around the edge of it. When some help shows up, I'll get the bead rolled in and get the cab sheets riveted together.

I've got things to do this morning, so I don't know what, if anything, I'll get done in the shop. I might put a couple of temporary screws in the cab sheets so I can put it on the frame and see how it looks. Then I can start thinking about the seat mounts and the floor.


No comments: