Saturday, August 10, 2024

Gloves

 


When I took the Himalayan out the other day I put on my gloves like I normally do, but I decided that's it for them. There's a couple of holes in the thumb, but I'm going to miss them. I've had them since the eighties. You can't see it in the photo, but at one time they were embossed with the signature of Jimmy Adamo. Adamo was the Battle of the Twins champion back in the eighties and competed in several Superbike events on Reno Leoni prepared Ducatis. I saw him race a few times and was a fan of his and of Ducatis. Unfortunately, Adamo perished in an accident at Daytona in 1993. 


I think I'm going to put these on my wish list for my upcoming birthday - Joe Rocket Classic gloves. I don't need a pair of either the fancy road racing or motocross gloves. I'd classify the Himalayan as a dual sport type of bike. In my case, however, I don't see me doing anything of sporty nature, at least not on purpose. I just want to protect my hands if I ever do go down - dress for the crash, not for the ride as the old saying goes. As little as I ride, should be the last pair I'll ever need.


No comments: