Saturday, August 31, 2024

Parts


The cleaning and organizing is proceeding apace. I came across these yesterday - parts and patterns for wheelie bars. If I ever finish a couple of the bike projects currently in the shop, I'll bring the 900 back from storage. I did finish the side car for it, but I want to make some shock struts and a set of wheelie bars so I can go drag racing. I've got some aluminum stock for the struts and someplace I've got the remaining pieces that get welded to the tubing drilled out and ready to cut to shape. 

I finished the head scratching part of the rear brake control on the vintage trials bike. I ordered some clevises from Joes Racing Parts. I had never heard of this outfit, but it came up in an internet search after I struck out with the usual suspects. Two pieces, plus shipping under $15.00. It looks like they specialize in parts for open wheel cars. I've got the spot book-marked for future reference. I need to get a bushing still for the pivot - might be able to get that locally. 

While I was in the shop I figured out a temporary solution for the old welder. I can move a few things around in the back half to make a hole for the old welder and then move the plasma and new welder up front. Moving those two will be easy enough - they're on wheels. It would be better to send the old Miller to a new home, but I think this will be an improvement, anyway.

Looks to be good weather around here for Labor Day and most of next week. It was up to 88 and humid yesterday again. I worked up a pretty good sweat on my bicycle ride in the morning, again when I was working in the shop, and even more when I ran the weed whacker later. It's good to get a sweat up once in a while, though.

Have a safe and healthy Labor Day. It's the day for us working stiffs - enjoy it.

No comments: