Friday, August 16, 2024

Pretty Shifty

 


I made another piece for the shifter on the vintage trials bike. I need to cut the angles on the sides and cut it to length, but it should work. I drilled and tapped a set screw to hold it in place but I'll probably pin it once I get everything positioned correctly. I'll weld the shift lever on the opposite side to the shaft. There's room behind the lever on the cross shaft for a bushing. I'm planning on using that as the pivot for the brake lever. I'm planning on working on that a little bit more today.

I dug out my materials for teaching my upcoming class at the college and signed my contract. I also looked at the course syllabus and modules on the computer. It doesn't look all that user friendly to me, but the boss and I have discussed my being able to modify things to make it more to my taste. I had him as a student and he sat in when I taught the blueprint class, so he knows how I teach and trusts me to do the job. Plus, if he doesn't find another instructor, he'll be wanting me to teach next semester as well.  

No comments: