Wednesday, August 28, 2024

We're Having a Heat Wave

 

I drive by this place on the way to the grocery store. There're always interesting things in the yard and driveway, but I was surprised to see what appears to be a Jr. Dragster frame and a snow shovel out there the other day - "Now there's something you don't see every day, Chauncy."



Seems appropriate today



The thermometer is in the sun, so it wasn't really over 100 degrees, but rather only 96 on the shady side of the house. However, the feels-like temp was probably pretty close to the number in the photo. Chicago broke the record for the day with 99. 

We were out in the shop for our first lab session at the college Monday night. Due to the construction underway, things are a little challenging, but we got everyone to at least run one decent bead before they left. About half the class has already had an introductory class, the other half total rookies. The smaller rookie group made it much easier to get them started and allowed me to keep a closer eye on them. Looks to be a good group - should be an enjoyable class even with the construction limitations we have to deal with.

Even though it was hot Monday, the lab was actually pretty comfortable. The door to the hallway was open and the exhaust fan was sucking in that cool air. It was the first time in a while I left the house with my steel-toed boots on and my lunch bucket in my hand. Glad I was able to ease back into harness with decent temperatures.   

No comments: