Thursday, August 1, 2024

Tube Bending and My Roots

 


I got a phone call from my buddy Jim from the boxing club the other day looking for a little help on a project. He bought this 4-wheeled bike to exercise his four Huskies, and he needed some tubing bent to rig up the harnesses for the dogs. Bending the tubing was easy enough, then drilled some holes for mounting and all done. We were out in the shop for about 2-1/2 hours but most of that was spent just catching up. I haven't been going to the gym due to injury, so we had time for a nice chat.


I've been working on my family history again. Ancestry has a lot more info on my ancestors now, so I've been filling in the family tree. I don't know how accurate all the information is. They gleaned info from other's family trees and brought them into mine giving me the option of saying the person is, isn't or maybe is my family member. Since I have no idea on most of these people, I'm assuming Ancestry is the authority and I've brought them into my tree. Not exactly scholarly research, but I have neither the time nor inclination to put all the effort into authenticating all of it. That being said, the above photo is John Armstrong Sr, a Major General in the Revolutionary War on my maternal grandfather's side. Apparently, I'm a descendant from more than just Kentuckey hillbillies and a drunken English ship carpenter. 


Gene Wilder explaining to Cleavon Little about my people. I joke, but I'm extremely proud of my working-class roots. I can only speak for the ancestors I've known, but nothing to be ashamed of in that group. 

No comments: