Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Back At It

 

Photo From Here

That's a sweetheart right there. Must have been involved in an accident judging from the lack of paint on the rear sheet metal. That has to be the worst possible outcome from a fabricator's point of view, other than something happening to the driver that is. You work and slave long hours to make a beautiful sheet metal  skin on what will become a classic auto and all your hard work gets torn up and then you need to do it all over again. And in a hurry.

Finally got around to getting back in the shop - been pretty busy of late. Fights on Saturday was an all day event. Sunday I was shoveling and raking stone in the lane and hiking later in the day. Monday, more shoveling and household chores. Tuesday, took the Missus to the eye doctor and then some project work. 



I finished up the alternator mounting bracket. I still need to make the slotted bracket for the top but I'm going to wait on that until I get the headers figured out since the first tube will have to come down and out fairly close to the alternator.


I also cut the tubes for the rear radius rods and welded in the bungs. Not sure yet what I'm going to work on next but I'll get back out in the shop today again. I still need to finish up the shoveling and raking on the lane and I'm taking the truck in today to get it serviced.

I took the old Kodak Vollenda with me to the fights on Saturday and shot a couple of frames on a walk around the gym neighborhood and finished the roll off on Sunday during the hike in the park. Weather was beautiful for B&W photography and I wanted to get a couple of shots of my hiking companions. I developed the roll after getting home only to find the old folding camera has a light leak in the bellows. I would have had a couple of nice negatives to print if it wasn't for the damage due to the light leak. 

I dug out the old box camera that was designed for glass negatives. I think I might get lucky and the tintype plates in the kit I'm going to buy might fit right in the film holders for that camera. I'm going to have to do a bit of figuring to get the exposure correct and at what distance the subject should be from the camera to get a sharp focus. Probably best to experiment with some film first so I don't scrap the tintypes.  

And one last item. A Bald Eagle flew across the road in front of us while we were heading for the doctor's office. Very impressive.

No comments: