Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Tee Shirt Tuesday #5

 


Here's the most recent tee shirt from the 5K walk last Saturday. Long sleeve 100% polyester - not exactly the thing a welder wears to work but a nice shirt for wearing on my walks and bike rides in the fall and late winter, or an addition to the tee shirt booth at my funeral.

Surly and I walked the 3.1 miles together and my running buddy ran it. Surly and I hit miles two right at 33 minutes, which was just about the same time as the winning walker crossed the finish line. I used to walk at about that pace, or even a little quicker, but I doubt I'll ever see times like that again. I could definitely do better with some serious effort and training but I'm not sure it would be worth the effort. I had a good time walking with Surly, I got another shirt and Surly won a gift card in the raffle. You really can't ask for much more.

My running buddy came in a little ahead of the winning walker. The first time she's run three miles in a while but she said she didn't have any trouble and could have gone four easy enough. She about has her mind made up to do a full marathon this upcoming year. She also wants to do a Century ride on the bike. I found one not too far from here we could do. The last 50 miles are on a rail trail that's nice and flat with smooth pavement. I'll have to get out on the bike early in the year to start training but I did the 50 miler without any difficulty, so if I train properly I should be able to handle it. Plus, I've now got a couple of reasons to get out of the recliner over the winter.

No comments: