Sunday, November 14, 2021

What Is My Condition, Anyway?

 


I've been confused, perplexed, agitated, and stressed for the last 19 months over the CCP flu as well as the fallout from the politics coming out of Washington. The vax mandate for medical workers being the latest reason. These wonderful folks have spent the last year & a half taking care of all of us, often working extra shifts and without the benefit of the proper PPE. Now they're being told they need to choose between taking a shot, a shot that is proving each and every day not to be an actual vaccine, but rather, may be an actual threat to their health, or lose their job. Common sense would tell you that's a pretty stupid idea, especially when the muckity-mucks in Washington have declared themselves exempt from the shots. After giving this and the rest of the state of affairs considerable thought, I've finally come up with a clue as to what the big plan is.


No, the commies in Washington are not totally oblivious to the unintended consequences to creating havoc with the medical establishment. That's the whole idea. Screw things up bad enough and the uninformed among us will be screaming for the government to step in and save us. Voila, they'll finally be able to dust off Hillary's national health care program and it'll become law. 

They've just about got the middle class corralled now. It won't be long and the foreclosures will be accelerating, forcing many people out of their homes. I heard on one of the local radio stations the other day that 85,000 were behind on their rent in the area. They get thrown out and they too will be looking to the government for a fix, even though the standard government policy is to cause more trouble than cure. And of course, the inflation rate is roughly 12% and rising. Like most of the politicians voting on the infrastructure bill, which I haven't read either, maybe we'll be surprised to find they're planning on putting some apartments under the bridges they're going to rebuild so us little people don't have to live in cardboard boxes.

Having digested all that's been going on, I've become painfully aware that all of this is part of a larger, more nefarious plan. Whether this is part of the NWO or just a way for those calling the shots to increase their wealth and power, I don't know, but now my philosophy is basically IDGAF. I've decided the best thing I can do for myself is to become a stoic warrior. If you're not familiar with Stoicism, check this out. In a nutshell, it's take care of what I can and let the rest go. The warrior parts a bit different.

When I was a young man I was in good shape. I was hitting the boxing gym a couple of nights per week, doing my calisthenics and road work on the off nights. Not Army Ranger or Navy Seal tough, neither mentally or physically, but in better than average shape and not afraid to climb in the ring. Now while I still figure I'm in better than average shape for my age, I suppose the warrior definition needs a revision. I'm not looking to overthrow the government or become an MMA fighter, I just want to improve my odds of having a better and longer retirement and take good care of the Missus, no matter what that calls for. 

I've lost 5 or 6 pounds this year and did a couple of "serious" bike rides, so I've got a good base to build upon. Lose another 5 or 6 pounds next year, increase the aerobic exercise but mostly work on my mental game. It won't take much, mostly just an increase in dedication - can't let all this wear me down.

2 comments:

MARSHALL OVERCLOTH said...

it'll get worse before it gets any better. people don't know what to plan for or what we can or should do and timelines. this causes frustration and anger. if the rule of law starts to break down the politicians and bureaucrats and the corrupt will have to hide or get get whats coming. we'll have to fix everything at breakneck speed. I'm fine cause I am single no children no debt and have faith in the Lord and coffee and cigarettes stockpiled and enough guns and ammo to blow and bunch of mofos away to protect my weed.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Coffee, cigarettes, weed, guns and ammo, and faith in the Lord. Looks like you're ready. I still need to get my mind right but I think I'm on the right path. Just took me a while to realize most all of what's wrong these days was deliberate and in response to that the immortal words of John Wayne: "Windage and elevation, Mrs. Langdon, windage and elevation."