Monday, November 1, 2021

Last Ride Of The Year?

 


Instead of working in the shop yesterday, I spent a good part of the day on a bike ride with my running buddy. She moved recently to the next town south, so I loaded up the cycle and drove down to her place. It was nice having a change of scenery. I've been all around my neighborhood more times than I can remember. We went past what appeared to be a trucking company while out and I had to stop and get a photo of the old Mack. Love those old trucks. Nice ride as well. I'm still about 45 miles shy of making 1,000 for the season. We're planning on doing a 5K so I need to do some more walking between now and then but I would like to reach the 1,000 mile mark on the year.

We discussed a few things like always on the ride, including some boxing stuff. Top of the order was Bazooka Joe's fight Saturday night. He went down in the last seconds of the first round. His professional record now is 2-2, all of which have been by knockouts. Two for him, two for them. He's going to have to do better than that. 

There's an amateur fight coming up next weekend and a couple of the guys from the gym here are on the card. It looks like I'll be going to wrap hands and help work the corner. While I'm still trying to avoid crowds, it's time to get back out and do some of the things that make life worth living. 

 
A little teaser for the first installment of Tee Shirt Tuesday. Try to control your excitement.

No comments: