Saturday, November 27, 2021

Mixing Up The Music

 


Great Rock & Roll Song


Great Irish Folk Ballad


Great Jazz, With Tenor Sax, Of Course


Great Cowboy Song
There's a million versions of this one but this one has a genuine cowboy feel to it.

This is a small representative sample of the music I enjoy listening to. I went walkies Thanksgiving morning and turned on the parade went I got home just as some mope was singing some pop tune. I decided I couldn't sit through that, so I changed the station. I turned on the Bears - Lions game, even though I've given up on "sportsball", just because it was Thanksgiving. Even though I had the volume down low, I couldn't bear to watch the half-time "entertainment" either, so I turned on the end of Quigley Down Under even though I had just watched it recently. 

Sirius Radio said they turned my receiver in the truck back on for a couple of weeks, but I'm not even going to plug the power cord back in since I'm rarely in the truck for any length of time. They do have a good selection of music. I'm just not a fan of their business model. My disappoint with recent commercial music options isn't that big a deal. However, on my way home from walkies I was expecting to listen to Alice's Restaurant on WXRT at 11:00 like I've done for years and years but not this year. Somethings should just be sacred.

I was going to print some of my negatives the other night but the developer had gone bad. I just placed the order for the tintype kit and I should have looked closer before I placed the order and bought some developer. I looked Friday night and the stuff I normally use is out of stock anyway. I ordered another brand from Amazon Prime, it'll be here soon enough and no shipping cost that way. 

I was concerned about figuring out the exposures for the tintypes but after reading the instructions, I find that you have to cover the meter with a piece of blue acetate- not sure how accurate all that would be. The film holders for the old box camera that were designed for glass plates work well with the aluminum plates for the tintypes. I need to check if the holders will work in my field camera. If so, I should have everything I need to make tintypes except warm, sunny days. 


Fuse Block Kit


Should make for a nice tidy installation. If a fuse blows an indicator light is supposed to come on making trouble shooting easy. And you can use the supplied stickers to mark the various circuits.


Heat Shrink Tubing Kit

This will probably fix me up for life. I started making a wiring diagram on a big piece of cardboard. I think I've got a pretty complete list of all the electrical components - just need to figure out how to connect them all. My brother from a different mother is real good with this stuff. When I get what I think is right, I'll have him take a look at it and double check it.

I need to see about getting some crimp-on connectors of a better grade than what you usually come across at Harbor Freight or similar. I don't know what the old timers used on these things but a little more research might be called for. I don't need that fabric covered wire like they used back in the day but an upgrade on the connectors might be good. I know they make some connectors that have heat shrink tubing and some type of solder or glue built into them. I'm thinking something like that, marine grade or similar.

Doing the 5K this morning. Should be a decent day for it.

2 comments:

Surly said...

Let's not forget The Cowboy Song by Thin Lizzy.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

I like that one a bunch. I think I posted it some time back.