Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Chopping Stalks & Leaves

 


The farmer showed up yesterday to run the disc over the field. Good day for it but the ground was still a bit damp. He left some ruts when he drove from one field to the other that bounced me around when I was mowing, but that's part of the deal. After mowing and chopping up the leaves I parked the mower in the shop so I can service it. The shocks for the jitney should be here today. I'll hold off on those until I get the mower out of the shop, however. 

I've got an advisory committee meeting this afternoon at the college and as long as I'm heading that way I'm planning on making a couple of other stops - might get out to the shop in the morning. I clamped the steering shaft bracket to the frame rail yesterday - looks like it'll do fine. Need to do a little figuring on the rest of the steering hook-up.

Interesting open letter to Congress by T.L. Davis can be found here. Gives you a sense of what the "deplorables" are thinking now and what might be coming. I'd suggest taking a few minutes and reading it. You might consider passing it along to your own representatives.

No comments: