Thursday, November 25, 2021

Praise The Lord & Pass The Ammunition

 


Lots to be thankful for today, at least on the home front. Not so sure about the national and international scene. The Missus and I had our turkey dinners yesterday from the local meat market. Tasty dinner and lots of it. We'll be eating leftovers today. 


I shot another roll of film, this time with the old Franka Rolfix Jr. that used to belong to my mother. I wanted to take a few shots after measuring the exposures with my old light meter. This was to check the accuracy of the meter before tackling the tintypes and just to take a few shots during the nice fall weather. I developed the roll yesterday and the negatives look good. I was going to finish off the roll under the exact same lighting conditions using the meter Surly loaned me so I could compare readings but the shutter on the old Franka locked up. The camera is roughly 70 years old but it's always taken good photos and the shutter speeds have always been on the money. I'm going to try and fix it but that might not go anywhere. So I still don't have my test images yet. Looks like I'll have to shoot another roll. This time I'll use one of my good twin lens cameras. 


I worked on the jitney a bit in the afternoon. I filed the holes in the steering shaft support bracket squaring them up so the carriage bolts would fit. Did a little bit on fitting up the back of the cab so I can make the fill pieces and get started rolling the bead around the top edge of the sheet metal. I also started figuring out the wiring. I ordered a fuse block the other day as well as a couple of other things to facilitate the wiring. 

Doing some walkies this morning and then maybe a little more work in the shop. One of the nice things about being retired is that every day is a holiday. It would have been nice to gather with the family but, again, still plenty to be thankful for. Hope the rest of you have plenty of blessings on this day of thanks as well.

No comments: