Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Wiring

 


Surly sent this book my way. It's just what the doctor ordered. It's got diagrams for GM, Ford, and, most importantly for me, Chrysler. I haven't given much thought to wiring the jitney up but now that I've got the gauges and switches, it might be a good time to start assembling the necessary goods to wire it up. I'll need a terminal strip or a fuse block, a starter relay, wire and connectors. While I'm welding in whatever I need for the steering, I can weld in something for the fuse block. As it currently stands, I'm not planning on any lights except for the gauges, but I should probably make provisions for that if I change my mind at a later date.

The local meat market has Thanksgiving dinners available, so I'm going to pick up a couple of those for the Missus and I today. We'll celebrate today - plenty to be thankful for. I'm going to meet up with my running buddy tomorrow morning early and get tuned up for the 5K on Saturday. Going out for breakfast on Friday morning with a former colleague from my high school days. Yep, lots to be thankful for.

2 comments:

Surly said...

That book got water damaged from it sitting on the seat of the Belvedere, with the window left down and it rained. Put a tail light on your car and wire it for headlights. Might save your life. No need to install the headlights but only a couple bucks to wire for it. You can buy a banjo bolt brake light switch that will make the brake light real easy. I have a stainless Model A tail light with license plate light built in you can have. I have a beehive light too, if you'd prefer. I can bring em down saturday for the walk...uh, I mean race.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

I'm going to need a switch for the gauge lights, so it'll be easy enough to run a couple of extra wires for lights. I've been thinking about incorporating some headlight brackets in the shock mounts. Bring your lights down and I'll see how they fit into the plan.

I'm planning on a brisk walk Saturday. I haven't trained enough to worry about being competitive.