Wednesday, November 3, 2021

No Camiones

Since the weather wasn't too bad on Monday and there wasn't much hope for it getting any warmer this week, I took the Himalayan to the gas station, added some Sta-Bil to the tank, topped it off with premium and then took it for a little ride to make sure the additive had a chance to work its way through the system.


While out I rode by a side road that's a dead end. I've never been down it, so I don't know what's down there but there must be something to draw trucks in. There's a sign post with a dead end sign and a standard no trucks sign. Apparently that wasn't enough so they put up two of them in Spanish, one on each side of the road, complete with an arrow to show the truck drivers which way to go.

Premium at the gas station was $4.09 by the way. Someone had put up an "I Did That" sticker on the pump. Someone had scraped part of the sticker off, maybe the station or maybe some Democrat passing through town. There aren't very many of them around these parts and the ones there are have been pretty quite. Can't say as I blame them. I'd be embarrassed to say I voted for Biden regardless of how much I disliked Trump. 

I didn't vote for either of them and I doubt I'll even bother voting again in the future. First of all, I'll never be convinced the last election was on the up and up. Second of all, neither the Democrats nor the Republicans care about cutting spending or telling the Fed to stop printing money. They're going to see to it that the middle class will be eaten up by taxes and inflation while those in Washington and Wall Street continue to profit by the policies they make. The little guy doesn't stand a chance. 

No comments: