Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Tee Shirt Tuesday

 


In 2017 my running buddy and I did the Running Series, which consisted of three 5K events. These all took place during festivals at small towns. If you did all three events they threw in another tee shirt, that being the one in the photo. This was a one and done. They didn't have any of the races the following year - too bad. I'm a fan of small towns and they need some positive exposure as well as the extra money the events bring in.

My running buddy has decided she wants to do a marathon. It's not written in stone yet but she seemed to be pretty sure last I talked to her. I found one in May that's only a couple of hours away. In addition to the marathon, they have a half, a 10K and a 5K. If she commits to the marathon, I'll walk the 10K. I turned her on to the Hal Higdon 18 week training program, meaning she'd have to start first thing next year. I looked up the 10K walking program and it's 8 weeks in length. I don't really need a walking program after all the running and walking I've done over the years but it would be helpful to schedule my training. 

I'll be doing the 5K walk in just a few days, I've been training but not hard. Just looking for some exercise, spending time with some friends and contributing to a good cause.  

No comments: