Friday, October 7, 2022

BTO

Good day for working again yesterday. Sun was out, temps were in the low seventies, and everything was right with the world. I started the day off with a trip to the lumber yard, hardware and auto parts store. I ordered some shocks for the trailer and picked up another coupling for the faux axle for the jitney. I found the threaded piece I had unwisely cut off the pipe. I'll weld that back onto the pipe and it will just about put me at the proper length with the coupling screwed on. You can see the coupling with the threaded piece sitting on the crossmember of the trailer. You can also see the two pieces of angle I welded in to support the wheel chock. I primered the bare metal to prevent it from rusting since I'm going to leave it outside while I'm working on it. I also painted the 1x4s I picked up to replace the fascia boards on the dormer roof. Second coat will go on today or tomorrow.

Cuzzin Ricky brought his tractor over so I can do some work on the lane and add some stone by where we park the cars out front. As a BTO (big time operator), I made a couple of trips down the lane using the box scraper and that helped quite a bit to fill in some of the holes. The scraper has scarifier teeth but I didn't want to disturb the stuff that was packed down real well. Mostly it took the crown off the middle and pushed it out to the sides to fill in the low spots. I'll still need some more stone to completely fill in the remaining low spots, but no surprise there. I'll see what my schedule looks like next week and see about getting a load.

I'm taking the dog to the vet this morning for some surgery, so that'll blow a big hole in my morning what with two trips up and back. I need to sit down and do some paperwork required for a life insurance application - might work on that today while waiting for the return run on the dog. Always plenty to do around here.

No comments: