Friday, October 28, 2022

What's All the Hub-Bub, Bub

 

Photo by Cuzzin Ricky

Cuzzin Ricky came by to pick up his tractor yesterday, but before he left we picked up my table saw and moved it upstairs. The tractor had just enough height to make the lift. Other than the fact I'll now have to move the material upstairs to use the saw, it'll be more convenient than moving the vehicles out of the garage area and dragging the saw out in the open to use it. 

When I finished up working the gravel last week, I parked the tractor out front of the barn. Next time I went to start it, it was no go. Turns out the ignition condenser was bad. It just had a tune-up, so it should have been good for a 100,000. Getting the correct one turned out to be a pain in the ass. Had to go to a couple of parts stores, and they had to order the part. Finally got the right one and got it installed when the temperature was just slightly above freezing, instead of when it was nice and warm.


Loaded up and going home. Glad to see it go, but really appreciate Cuzzin Ricky taking care of me. The driveway's in much better shape - check that one off the list.


After the tractor left, I cleaned up the trailer hubs. I dug out my little parts washer and got everything degreased and chased the threads. I need to get some more solvent for the parts washer. I used to use Stoddard's Standard Solvent but rather than reloading with a petroleum distillate, might be a good idea to find something a little more environmentally friendly as well as something less toxic on me as well.

No comments: