Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Financial & CaCo3

 I'm working on my finances and changing some providers around, getting my required distributions in order and the financial planner suggested some changes to my life insurance policies. Since I'm an old dude, lots of questions and hoops to jump through in order to qualify for the new policy. I filled out an extensive questionnaire last week and set up a date for someone to come by the house and check my vitals, etc. I pick a date and I figure I'm done for a while. A couple of days later I receive a call about setting up the day and the lady says how about tomorrow (Tuesday). Tuesday morning, yesterday, I get a phone call from the insurance company and the lady asks me 20 minutes of questions. Most of these seemed to be finding out about my mental condition, rather than medical history like the online questionnaire was. An hour later, the lady came to check my blood pressure, draw blood, have me pee in the bottle and answer another battery of questions, like where are the clocks located? I've got a lot of time invested in this process and the insurance company has both the time and money. At this point I don't really care one way or the other. I'll just be glad when everything gets squared away.


After dealing with all the insurance things, the paving outfit called and they said they could deliver my driveway stone. Apparently, the paving job got shut down due to rain. I worked on spreading it around until the rain came in earnest. I'm getting the hang of running the tractor but the job will be wrapped up before I get anywhere close to good at it. I worked for a blacktopping outfit years ago and the guy who normally ran the tractor was a real cracker jack. The tractor was basically the same as Cuzzin Ricky's - bucket and a box scraper. Yours truly ran a shovel and the roller. I can still use a shovel; just not like I did 50 years ago. It would be damn ironic if I would have keeled over while shoveling yesterday after going through all of the insurance application monkey business. 
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

From the pictures I'd say you're getting the hang of it.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Thanks! I just about finished it up on Wednesday but got rained out. I'll drive on it and let it get rained on, fill in any low spots and then call it good.