Monday, October 31, 2022

Carb Thoughts

 


I've been thinking about modifying the intake manifold on the jitney project to accept a different carburetor(s) more in keeping with the old school look. Holly has a couple of 2 bbl carbs that would offer all the performance I could expect from the Slant-Six but I'm not digging the look.

I might be convinced to change my mind if I had an intake manifold like this one, however.



Stromberg knock-offs are about $200.00. One would probably suffice, two would require a serious amount of work to make it happen. While this is a classic hot rod carb, just one's not going to do it. A pair of the stock one barrels might be in my future, however. 

While I'm thinking about carbs, I can paint the Firestone logo on the side of the tires. I bought this the other day. The tires definitely have to have the white lettering on them, regardless of the number of carbs on the rig. Now that it's getting dark earlier, I can take a tire down the basement and paint it after supper. I've got decent light, saw horses, a stool and a radio. Might as well keep busy in the evenings.

No comments: