Sunday, October 23, 2022

Boxing Again

 


I painted the trim on the little garden shed yesterday morning. I was planning on doing that last year, but it got late in the season and I ran out of paint - convenient time to call it quits. I've been using Royal brand paint from Ace Hardware and I'm really pleased with it. It's self priming, covers well and seems to weather well. It's almost twenty bucks for a quart, but since everything has gone up in price and I don't have to make more than a seven mile drive to the hardware store. Good enough.


Went to the fights again yesterday afternoon/evening. It was a mixed card of boxing and Muy Thai. For everyone on the card it was either their first or second fight. Our guy won a unanimous decision but the other guy fought well. A real good amateur fight. Theirs was the second bout of the card. The first fight was a Muy Thai bout, and it was stopped in the second round when one of the fighters puked. That's always fun. 

Another good night out - really glad that for all practical purposes, covid is a thing of the past. Some of these young fighters have been spinning their wheels for over two years waiting to get a fight. 

No comments: