Sunday, October 2, 2022

Sprint Cars and a 5K Hat Trick


Cuzzin Ricky and I went to the sprint car races Friday night. This was the first time I'd been to a race since the cooties hit. Finally got out at the end of the third season. It was a good show - USAC sprints, winged sprints and Thunder cars, which are like stock cars from back in the day when rear wheel drive cars were common. No pork tenderloins, however, had to make do with a porkchop sandwich.

Did a 5K yesterday morning for the hat trick - three weekends in a row. It was a fundraiser/memorial for a young man that was murdered a few years ago. His family is going to use the funds to buy a bench for one of the city parks, so he'll be remembered. This was a non-timed event, so my running buddy and I just took a brisk stroll on a beautiful autumn morning while supporting a good cause. She has a couple of banged up ribs, otherwise she would have run the event. I'm going to try and keep training so I'll be in shape for the Thanksgiving event I usually do just in case the 83-year-old guy shows up.


I drew up a pattern for the end plates on my "faux" axle on the jitney project. I'll transfer the pattern to a piece of plate, drill some holes and then weld them to the 1-1/2" pipe I'm going to use. Pretty simple job, and it won't cost much to make it up. While I still have some things to work on at the front end of the car, I want to see where the spring and wheels will be located so I can figure out the placement of the fuel cell, the battery box and the exhaust pipe. Progress is slow, but it's progress just the same.

No comments: